Coal Combustion and Gasification Products is a unique peer-reviewed journal designed specifically to communicate coal ash research and emerging new technologies. CCGP is a joint venture between the University of Kentucky Center for Applied Energy Research (UK CAER) and the American Coal Ash Association (ACAA). The organizations' primary goal is to bring together research that currently is published in disparate sources.
CCGP is an international on-line journal encompassing the science and technology of the production, sustainable utilization, and environmentally-sound handling of the byproducts of coal combustion and gasification. This includes fly ash, bottom ash, boiler slag, gasification residue, and byproducts from coal-fuel blends, flue-gas desulfurization products, and related materials.
CCGP Journal - Volume 8 (2016)
- Coal Ash By-Product from Shanxi Province, China, for the Production of Portland-Calcium Sulfoaluminate - Authors: Tristana Y. Duvallet, Thomas L. Robl, Kevin R. Henke, Yongmin Zhou, David Harris (pp1-7)
- Influence of Coal-Fired Power Plant Emissions Regulations and Consequent Engineering Controls and Coal-Supply Modifications on Fly Ash Chemistry and Petrology: Examples from Kentucky Power Plants - Authors: Madison M. Hood, John G. Groppo, Michelle N. Johnston, James C. Hower, Herek L. Clack, Diego S. de Medeiros, Silvio R. Taffarel, Cesar M.N.L. Cutruneo, Luis F.O. Silva (pp8-18)
- Analysis of Scientific Investigations Related to Reclamation of Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act Permitted Coal Mines with Coal Combustion By-Products - Authors: Kimery C. Vories (pp19-29)
CCGP Journal - Volume 7 (2015)
- Recycling of Lignite Coal Fly Ash by its Conversion into Zeolites - Authors: Silviya Boycheva, Denitza Zgureva, Annie Shoumkova (pp1-8)
- Fabrication and Testing of Low-Energy Calcium Sulfoaluminate-Belite Cements that Utilize Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustion By-Products - Authors: Robert B. Jewell, Robert F. Rathbone, Tristana Y. Duvallet, Thomas L. Robl, Kamyar C. Mahboub (pp9-18)
- Prediction of the Unburned Carbon Content of Fly Ash in Coal-Fired Power Plants - Authors: Saeid R. Dindarloo, James C. Hower (pp19-29)
- Strengthening Black Cotton Soil with Fly Ash and Moorum: An Investigation of the Role of Subgrade and Subbase Layers - Authors: Gourav Saxena; Nikhlesh Chaurasia (pp30-32)
- Using Coal Fly Ash Agriculture: Combination of Fly Ash and Poultry Litter as Soil Amendments for Bioenergy Feedstock Production - Authors: E. Kudjo Dzantor, Ekundayo Adeleke, Vanaja Kankarla, Oluwatosin Ogunmayowa, Dafeng Hui (pp33-39)
- Multistage Concentration of Cenospheres in Fly Ash Using the Inverted Refux Classifier - Authors: A. Kiani, J. Zhou, K.P. Galvin (pp40-46)
CCGP Journal - Volume 6 (2014)
- Experimental and Modelling Evaluation of Slagging Behaviour of German Lignite - Authors: Martin Kaiser, Alexander Ilyushechkin (pp1-6)
- Fly Ash as a Potential Scrubber of Acidic Wastes from the Phosphate Industries in Israel - Authors: Roy Nir Lieberman, Eli Lederman, Ithamar Pelly, Haim Cohen (pp7-15)
- Geochemistry and Mineralogy of Coal-Fired Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustion Fly Ashes - Authors: Luis F. O. Silva, Marcos L. S. Oliveira, Rubens M. Kautzmann, Claudete G. Ramos, Maria Izquierdo, Shifeng Dai, Jennifer Wilcox, Jeremy Hoffman, James C. Hower (pp16-28)
- Synthesis and Characterization of High-Iron Alite-Calcium Sulfoaluminate-Ferrite Cements Produced from Industrial By-Products - Authors: Tristana Duvallet, Yongmin Zhou, Thomas L. Robl, Rodney Andrews (pp29-34)
- Trends in Coal Utilization and Coal Combustion Product Production in Kentucky: Results of the 2012 Survey of Power Plants - Authors: James C. Hower, Gerald A. Thomas, Shelley G. Hopps (pp35-41)
CCGP Journal - Volume 5 (2013)
- Scale-Up Design and Erosion Studies of Bottom Ash in Pneumatic Conveying System - Authors: Snehasis Behera, A.K. Sahu, Sudipta Das, P.K. Senapati, S.K. Mishra (pp1-8)*
- Effects of Coal Combustion By-Product-Encapsulated Ammonium Nitrate on Wheat Yield and Uptake of Nitrogen and Metals - Authors: Eton E. Codling (pp9-15)*
- Chemical Weathering and Mobility of Inorganic Species in Dry Disposed Ash: An Insight from Geochemical Fractionation and Physicochemical Analysis - Authors: S.A. Akinyemi, W.M. Gitari, A. Akinlua, L.F. Petrik (pp16-30)*
- Fouling Intensity of Three Indian Coals - Authors: S. Balakrishnan, R. Nagarajan (pp31-38)
- A Note on the Occurrence of Yttrium and Rare Earth Elements in Coal Combustion Products - Authors: James C. Hower, Shifeng Dai, Vladimir V. Seredin, Lei Zhao, Irena J. Kostova, Luis F.O. Silva, Sarah M. Mardon, Gulbin Gurdal (pp39-47)
- Book Review - The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Book - Book Review Author: Payal A. Chandan (pp48)
- Geotechnical Characterization of Clinker-Stabilized Fly Ash - Coal Mine Overburden Mixes for Subbase of Mine Haul Road - Authors: Soumya Ranjan Mallick, Manoj Kumar Mishra (pp49-56)
- Chemical Partitioning and Mobility of Trace Elements in Dry Disposed Weathered Ash Conditioned with high-Saline Effluents - Authors: S.A. Akinyemi, A. Akinlua, W.M. Gitari, R.O. Akinyeye, L.F. Petrik (pp57-72)
- Location of Cerium in Coal-Combustion Fly Ashes: Implications for Recovery of Lanthanides - Authors: James C. Hower, John G. Groppo, Prakash Joshi, Shifeng Dai, David P. Moecher, Michelle N. Johnston (pp73-78)
- *If this paper does not print properly from web site, please download paper to your computer's hard drive and print from there. Any problems should be resolved following this procedure.
CCGP Journal - Volume 4 (2012)
- Influence of Activator Solution Formulation on Fresh and Hardened Properties of Low-Calcium Fly Ash Geopolymer Concrete - Authors: Carlos Montes, Erez N. Allouche (pp1-9)
- Cordyline fruticosa Growth and Soil Microbial Quality with Topical Application of Coal Combustion By-Products Aggregates - Authors: Sangchul Hwang, Isomar Latorre, Eileen Irizarry (pp10-16)
- Quantifying the Benefits of Using Flue Gas Desulfurization Gypsum in Sustainable Wallboard Production - Authors: Jin Cheol Lee, Sabrina L. Bradshaw, Tuncer B. Edil, Craig H. Benson (pp17-20)
- Microstructural and Mineralogical Transformation of Hydraulically Disposed Fly Ash-Implications to the Environment - Authors: Jabulani S. Mahlaba, Elsabe P. Kearsley, Richard A. Kruger (pp21-27)
- Paper Unavailable (pp28-36)
- Waste Classification of Slag Generated in a Pilot-Scale Entrained-Flow Gasifier - Authors: Ashleigh Cousins, Robin W. Hughes, David J. McCalden, Dennis Y. Lu, Edward J. Anthony (pp37-44)
- Mineralogical Transformations in Coal Feedstocks during Carbon Conversion Based on Packed-Bed Combustor Tests: Part 1. Bulk Coal and Ash Studies - Authors: Ratale H. Matjie, Colin R. Ward, Zhongsheng Li (pp45-54)
- Mineralogical Transformations in Coal Feedstocks during Carbon Conversion, Based on Packed-Bed Combustor Tests: Part 2. Behavior of Individual Particles - Authors: Ratale H. Matjie1, Colin R. Ward, Zhongsheng Li (pp55-67)
- Potential Indoor Air Exposures and Health Risks from Mercury Off-Gassing of Coal Potential Indoor Air Exposures and Health Risks from Mercury Off-Gassing of Coal - Authors: Christopher M. Long, Sonja N. Sax, Ari S. Lewis (pp68-74)
CCGP Journal - Volume 3 (2011)
- Impact of Manufactured Coal Ash Aggregates on Water Quality during Open Pit Restoration: 1. A Statistical Screening Test - Authors: Sangchul Hwang, Isomar Latorre (pp1-7)
- Trace Element Partitioning and Leaching in Solids Derived from Gasification of Australian Coals - Authors: Alexander Ilyushechkin, Daniel Roberts, David Harris, Kenneth Riley (pp8-16)
- Co-Disposal of Dry FGD By-product with Coal Gasification Ash and Inorganic Brines - Authors: J.S. Mahlaba, P.C. Pretorius, S. Maharajh, M.P. Augustyn (pp17-21)
- Compositional Variations in Pilot Gasifier and Laboratory-Produced Slags and their Impacts on Slag Viscosity and Coal Assessment - Authors: Alexander Ilyushechkin, Daniel Roberts, David Harris (pp22-27)
- The Leachability of Major Elements at Different Stages of Weathering in Dry Disposed Coal Fly Ash - Authors: S.A. Akinyemi, A. Akinlua, W.M. Gitari, R.O. Akinyeye, L.F. Petrik (pp28-40)
- Zinc Speciation in Power Plant Burning Mixtures of Coal and Tires - Authors: Luis F.O. Silva, Marcos L.S. Oliveira, Carmen Serra, James C. Hower (pp41-50)
- A Multi-analytical Approach to Understand the chemistry of Fe-minerals in Feed Coals and Ashes - Authors: Marcos L.S. Oliveira, Frans Waanders, Luis F.O. Silva, Andre Jasper, Carlos H. Sampaio, Dursman McHabe, Rachel S. Hatch, James C. Hower (pp51-62)
- Geochemical Controls of Coal Fly Ash Leachate pH - Authors: William R. Roy, Peter M. Berger (pp63-66)
- Effect of Additive on the Performance Characteristics of Centrifugal and Progressive Cavity Slurry Pumps with High Concentration Fly Ash Slurries - Authors: Sunil Chandel, S.N. Singh, V. Seshadri (pp67-74)
- Compaction of High-Ca Fly Ash-Al and Al-Alloy-Composites: Evaluation of their Microstructure and Tribological Performance - Authors: Grigorios Itskos, Angeliki Moutsatsou, Pradeep K. Rohatgi, Nikolaos Koukouzas, Charalampos Vasilatos, Eleni Katsika (pp75-82)
- Influence of Chemical Reagents on Rheological Properties of Fly Ash-Water Slurry at Varying Temperature Environment - Authors: H.K. Naik, M.K. Mishra, Karanam U.M. Rao (pp83-93)
CCGP Journal - Volume 2 (2010)
- Waste Stabilization/Solidification (S/S) of EAF Dust using Fly Ash-based Geopolymers. Influence of Carbonation on the Stabilized Solids - Authors: Y. Luna Galiano, C. Fernández Pereira, J. Vale (pp1-8)
- An Investigation of the Behavior of Raw Calcareous Fly Ash in Mortar Mixtures - Authors: Ioanna Papayianni, Eleftherios K. Anastasiou (pp9-14)
- Testing of Interactions between Coal Ash Leachaes and Rock Materials for Mine Backfill Evaluations - Authors: Colin R. Ward, David French, Leanne Stephenson, Ken Riley, Zhongsheng Li (15-27)
- Precipitation of Germanium from Coal Fly Ash Leachates - Authors: Fatima Arroyo, Constantino Fernández-Pereira, Pilar Coca (28-34)
- Manufactured Coal Ash Aggregates for Aqueous TNT Sorption - (Research Communication) - Authors: Sangchul Hwang, Victor Hernandez (pp35-37, Research Communication)
- Phaselous vulgaris Growth under the Influence of Manufactured Coal Ash Aggregates - Authors: Sangchul Hwang, I. Hernandez, I. Latorre, S. Rosado (pp38-44)
- Enriched Coal Ash Utilization for Augmenting Production of Rice Under Acid Lateritic Soil - Authors: S. Karmakar, B.N. Mittra, B.C. Ghosh (pp45-50)
- Mineralogy and Leaching Characteristics of Coal Ash from a Major Brazilian Power Plant - Authors: Luis F.O. Silva, Colin R. Ward, James C. Hower, Maria Izquierdo, Frans Waanders, Marcos L.S. Oliveira, Zhongsheng Li, Rachel S. Hatch, Xavier Querol (pp51-65)
- Fullerenes and Metallofullerenes in Coal-Fired Stoker Fly Ash - Authors: L. Silva, K. DaBoit, C. Serra, S.M. Mardon, J.C. Hower (pp66-79)
CCGP Journal - Volume 1 (2009)
- Optical Properties of Coal Combustion Byproducts for Particle-Size Analysis by Laser Diffraction - Authors: Robert B. Jewell, Robert F. Rathbone (pp1-7)
- Zeolite Synthesised from Fused Coal Fly Ash at Low Temperature Using Seawater for Crystallization - Authors: Claudia Belviso, Francesco Cavalcante, Antonio Lettino, Saverio Fiore (pp8-13)
- Variations in Fly Ash Composition with Sampling Location: Case Study from a Portuguese Power Plant - Authors: B. Valentim, A. Guedes, D. Flores, C.R. Ward, J.C. Hower (pp14-24)
- The Effect of Drag-Reducing Additives on the Rheological Properties of Fly Ash-Water Suspensions at Varying Temperature Environment - Authors: Naik H.K., Mishra M.K., Rao Karanam U.M. (pp25-31)
- Evaluation of the Variables that Influence Mercury Capture in Solid Sorbents - Authors: M. Antonia Lopez-Anton, Patricia Abad-Valle, Mercedes Diaz-Somoano, M. Rosa Martinez-Tarazona (pp32-37)
- Erosive Wear in Pipelines at Pneumatic Conveying of Fine Silicon-Containing Materials - Authors: Viacheslav Y. Putilov, Vijay K. Agarwal, Irina V. Putilova (pp38-42)
- Mechanical Performance of Pavement Geomaterials Stabilized with Fly Ash in Field Applications - Authors: Lin Li, Tuncer B. Edil, Craig H. Benson (pp43-49)
- Chemistry of Coal and Coal Combustion Products from Kentucky Power Plants: Results from the 2007 Sampling, with Emphasis on Selenium - Authors: James C. Hower, Thomas L. Robl, Gerald A. Thomas, Shelley D. Hopps, Margaret Grider (pp50-62) - Appendix A1 XLS and Appendix A2 XLS
- Coal Fired Power Station Ash Products and EU Regulation - Authors: Lindon K.A. Sear (pp63-66)
Ash at Work CCGP Insert - Issue 3 (2014)
Ash at Work CCGP Insert - Issue 2 (2012)
Ash at Work CCGP Insert - Issue 1 (2010)
Expected contributions include papers describing original research results; proceedings of symposia; surveys; book reviews; overviews of recent literature; and letters to the editor. While the emphasis will be on products from coal combustion and gasification, products of the co-combustion of tires, petroleum coke, biomass, etc., with coal will also be considered. Above all, a contribution accepted for publication should be a novel, original, concise, and well-written advancement in the science and/or engineering of coal combustion and gasification products.
CCGP Journal is now Accepting Submissions!
- If you would like to submit to CCGP, your contribution is welcome.
- WOCA 2013 Presenters are encouraged to submit a manuscript based upon their WOCA 2013 proceedings paper.
CCGP appears in two complementary formats. The electronic journal will host full-text papers and previously unpublished articles. Access is free of charge, and there are no charges to authors for page fees or inclusion of supplementary data or color graphics/photos. A printed variation, not a full replica, will be published as an insert for the ACAA’s magazine, Ash at Work, published twice a year with a circulation of over 3000. The Ash at Work insert will present shorter material, including abstracts of articles appearing on-line and short articles communicating important research findings.
Publishing with Ash at Work will provide immediate visibility for Coal Combustion and Gasification Products and enhance the impact of the on-line full-text papers.
The journal’s editorial board consists of experts from academia, industry, and government who will provide input and reviews of the science and engineering of ash.
- Printable Brochure in PDF format - Please download, print and/or disseminate this flyer with interested individuals.
Journal Title: Coal Combustion and Gasification Products